The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their aesthetic practice capabilities within the health and aesthetic sector. The expected outcome of the Certificate, which is the achievement of a recognised UK qualification, is for learners to develop the skills required by organisations and the aesthetic industry globally.
This qualification will prepare learners for employment and support a range of roles in the workplace. This qualification provides a specialist work-related programme of study that provides breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required in the aesthetics sector. This qualification will help to prepare professional staff and managers of the future in the aesthetics sector. This qualification provides a generic core of mandatory units that apply in all aesthetics contexts.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements in Aesthetic Practice
- Professional Standards within Aesthetic Practice
- Working Collaboratively with Healthcare Professionals
- Anatomy, Physiology and Morphology of the Ageing Face
- Skin Micro-needling and Chemical Peels
- Analysing, synthesising and summarising information critically
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think
independently and solve problems
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognise the moral and ethical issues of aesthetics practice and research; appreciating the need for
ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of aesthetics industry
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, assemble arguments in a mature way and
engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- Transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing needs
- Adaptability to changes in the aesthetics environment
- Motivating individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part
of their chosen career.
- A minimum of a Level 4 qualification in a related sector or;
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience which demonstrates current and relevant industry
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) and anaphylaxis management training