This range of practical and knowledge-based qualifications have been created to develop and equip therapists with skills, competencies and expertise in beauty therapy treatments – primarily relating to the face, hands and feet. These qualifications will also enable therapists to gain confidence in practice while gathering evidence in a realistic working environment.
The rationale for the qualifications is to provide recognition for those who wish to gain the necessary skills to enter employment in the beauty industry. Qualifi Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy is suitable for those progressing from Level 1 in Beauty Therapy as well as those new to the industry.
To achieve this qualification a learner must successfully complete a minimum of four units, which must include all three mandatory units and at least one unit selected from the optional units.
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Client consultation
- Manicure treatments
- Pedicure treatments
- UV Gel nail services
- Health, safety and hygiene – learners will be able to apply their knowledge and understanding of health, safety and hygiene when preparing for and providing services/treatments in a real or realistic working environment.
- Client consultation – underpins all the practical technical units within this qualification. Learners will be able to conduct a concise consultation to determine the most appropriate service/treatment to meet the client’s needs and achieve the desired outcome/s.
- Manicure treatments – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to use manicure techniques, tools and products safely and effectively to improve the appearance of the client’s hands and nails.
- Pedicure treatments – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to use pedicure techniques, tools and products safely and effectively to improve the appearance of the client’s feet and toenails.
- UV Gel nail services – gel nail products provide an increasingly popular nail finish. Learners will be able to provide a UV cured gel nail polish service to improve the appearance of the client’s nails.
- This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years and above. Although there are no mandatory entry requirements for the Qualifi Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate to the ability of learners.
- The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be assessed on an individual basis.
- This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 and above. Although there are no mandatory entry requirements for the Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing, centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate to the ability of learners.