Life in the UK test is compulsory for each person wanting to apply for naturalisation as an UK citizen or permanent residence. This is also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or UK settlement.
If you meet the standard requirements for naturalisation, then you are eligible to apply for the British citizenship.
For the Life in the UK Test booking, first think about training. At Excel College We provide excellent training to help you pass the exam first time
Interested in doing the training with Excel College, please contact Mrs Tavga on 07847478431
You can apply for British citizenship by the naturalisation if:
- You are 18 or above
- You will continue to live in the UK
- You have meet the sufficient knowledge of English and life in the UK requirements
Apart from this, you must usually also have:
- Lived in the UK for minimum 5 years before the date of your application
- Spent no more than 450 days outside of the UK during 5 years
- Spent no more than 90 days outside of the UK in the past 12 months
- Been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- Had indefinite leave to remain in the UK for the last 12 months
- Not broken any kind of immigration rules while being in the UK
Normally, you are only eligible to apply for Life in the UK test and B1 English test for citizenship 12 months after you are granted Indefinite Leave to Remain as this is when you become “free from immigration time restrictions”. This extra requirement means that achieving UK settlement takes an extra year compared to an ILR.