Students will have the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and insight in the following areas:
- Develop multidisciplinary and international perspectives, concepts and issues in the major management disciplines
- Gain an understanding of relevant toolkits and techniques for analysing business and management issues
- Cultivate the ability to analyse, synthesise and apply knowledge and understanding to solve management problems critically, rationally and rigorously
- Gain an appreciation and application of contemporary management and information systems to aid strategic decision making in business and management
- Develop an appreciation of appetite and responsibility for lifelong learning and personal development
- Develop skills for leadership and transformational roles in business in the changing external context within which they are likely to operate
- Develop strategic thinking, innovation and entrepreneurial skills
- Improve interpersonal and group-working skills
The MBA is a general management course aimed at aspiring and established middle managers from a range of business sectors.
The course has been designed to account for current (local, regional and international) market trends and has recently been updated to provide additional flexibility, choice and opportunity and to help apply taught management skills.
The overall objective of this course is to educate and develop individuals as managers and business specialists, adding value through an integrated, applied and critical understanding of management and organisations, as well as the development of professional, transferable and intellectual skills that are essential for successful general and strategic management in private, public and third sector organisations.