Entry to the qualifications will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- demonstrated some ability and possess qualifications at Level 4 for example any Qualifi Level 4 or similar vocational awards;
- spent some time in an organisational role and shown they have capability and drive to develop;
- seeking further professional development and to gain work related skills and know-how.
The rationale for the qualification is that it provides a career path for learners who wish to develop a broad base of knowledge and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of roles n the IT industry, notably in .NET programming, system administration and network security. Learners will also learn about entrepreneurship in a techno environment. The qualification is flexible in that it offers elective choices of networking, web design or e-commerce – the latter being much in demand in modern business.
The technical skills and knowledge delivered through the successful achievement of the qualification are required and recognised internationally. The diploma is accredited at Level 5 and has a total equivalence of 120 credits.
- Network Security
- C#.NET Programming
- System Administration
- Content Management Systems
- Web Design
- To understand and apply the principles of IT in a range of business environments
- To understand and apply the principles in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship
between management theories and their practical application in the IT world
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Effectively use verbal and communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth