Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and applicants will be expected to be aged 16 or over and hold a Level 2 qualification.
In certain circumstances, managers with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
The Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) aims to enable learners to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
We hope that centres and learners will take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential, but also that of organisations in the early years’ sectors.
- Supporting healthy lifestyles for children through food, nutrition and exercise
- Supporting physical care routines for children and for unwell children
- Promoting children’s emotional well-being, social and emotional development
- Understanding the needs of the mother and baby pre-conception, during pregnancy and the first year of life
- The role of the Early Years practitioner
- Legislation relating to Early Years practice
- Working in partnership
- Supporting children through play in Early Years
- Developing the literacy, mathematical and communication skills of children
- Understand the needs of the child in preparing for school
- Understanding children’s cognitive development
- Promoting the physical development of children
- Supporting children with additional needs
- Using studies and tools to promote the development of children
- Professional development for Early Years Educators