The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to be:
- At least 18 years old.
- Be native English speakers educated to UK A level or equivalent, or highly proficient users of
English (C1 or C2 on CEFL scale).
The qualification has been created to contribute to the professionalism of the global TEFL industry. The programme is designed to equip fresh graduates, gap-year students, novice teachers and volunteers with the knowledge and skills needed to work under supervision and to operate confidently within defined contexts.
This Level 3 qualification will require learners to gain factual, procedural and theoretical understanding of language systems and commonly used teaching approaches to embark on a TEFL career. The qualification will enable learners to identify, select and use appropriate teaching procedures, techniques and tools to plan and deliver lessons and courses under the guidance/supervision of experienced teachers.
- An Introduction to Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Teaching Receptive Skills – Listening and Reading
- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Productive Skills – Speaking and Writing
- Understand how to plan lessons and activities that meet identified aims and cater for learners’ needs.
- Understand how to convey the basic rules of English language in a foreign language classroom.
- Identify, select and use appropriate methods and procedures for teaching language skills.
- Demonstrate their ability to investigate and select appropriate internet resources for designing
and developing teaching materials.
- Develop their awareness of the proper procedures and best practices for teaching young learners,
business English, ESL and online classes.
- Review their own or other teachers’ lesson plans and teaching materials and suggest possible