- This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 and above. Although there are no mandatory entry requirements for the Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing, centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate to the ability of learners
This practical and knowledge-based range of qualifications has been created to develop and equip hairdressers with skills, competencies, and expertise in hair services in particular; consultation, shampoo and treat, colour, and lighten, cutting, style and finish and set and dress. This qualification will also enable hairdressers to gain confidence in practice while gathering evidence in a realistic working environment.
The rationale for the Diploma and Certificates is to provide recognition for those who wish to gain the necessary skills to enter employment in the hair industry. The Qualifi Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing is suitable for those progressing from Level 1 in Hairdressing as well as those new to the industry.
To achieve this qualification a learner must successfully complete all four mandatory units.
- Hair Science
- Health, safety, and hygiene
- Client consultation
- Colour and lighten hair
- Hair science – learners will know the structure and function of the hair, the effects of products on the hair and scalp, pathologies, and their relation to relative and absolute contraindications to hair services.
- Health, safety, and hygiene – learners will be able to apply their knowledge and understanding of health, safety and hygiene when preparing for and providing services/treatments in a real or realistic working environment.
- Client consultation – underpins all the practical technical units within this qualification. Learners will be able to conduct a concise consultation to determine the most appropriate service/treatment to meet the client’s needs and achieve the desired outcome/s.
- Colour and lighten hair – learners will gain the knowledge and skills to be able to use products, tools, equipment, and techniques to safely and effectively, provide commercial hair colouring and lightening services.
- This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 and above. Although there are no mandatory entry requirements for the Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing, centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate to the ability of learners.
- The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be assessed on an individual basis.