- Level: Undergraduate
- Duration: 4 years
- Entry requirements: 48 UCAS points
- English language requirements: GCSE English at Grade 4 or above, or IELTS 5.5 with no component less than 5.0 in each band, or equivalent
The Business Management with Foundation Year is ideal for students who are just beginning their journey into the world of Business Management. The programme is tailored to support the development of those students lacking the formal qualifications necessary for direct entry onto a degree programme or who wish to update or broaden their knowledge before progressing onto a full undergraduate degree.
Through engaging, contemporary and industry-relevant units that are academically rigorous, stimulating and challenging, you will build specialist transferable skills that facilitate your development as an independent learner, whilst gaining expertise in a range of business functions and topics.
On this programme, you will systematically and critically review the established business management knowledge, theory and principles whilst investigating new and specialised knowledge. You will identify underlying business skills, practices, concepts and principles in work-based situations. In addition, you will develop the skillset of analysing information and data from a range of sources that will allow you to make reasoned judgements and responses to solve complex problems in a range of business contexts including work-related contexts.
BUSINESS SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN:
- Communications skills through technical exercises
- Projects and work placements
- Strong business and customer awareness
- Project management
- Research skills
The Foundation Year aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills to progress and succeed on to your undergraduate course, having developed essential knowledge of business and employability skills in the process.
Key aims of the Foundation Year:
- Provide knowledge and understanding of key business subjects to enable you to progress onto the Business Management degree programme;
- Help you understand and apply business concepts to real-life organisations;
- Embed academic and employability skills, providing you with the confidence you need to progress on your chosen course and begin considering your entry into the labour market;